Alu Vadi – Taro leaves rolls recipe Alu Vadi/Taro leaves roll is a stuffed rolled taro leaves snack. It is a very popular snack in Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is very easy to prepare and it’s very crispy and tasty snacks. Alu Wadi is …
Month: August 2020
Matar Paneer Recipe
Cuisine: North Indian
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 – People
Mutter Paneer recipe Ingredients:
250 grams – Paneer – Cut into 1″ cubes
200 grams – Matar/Green Peas – Fresh or frozen
1 cup – Onion paste (150 gms) – 2 medium-sized
1 cup – Tomato puree/mash (Boil 2/3 medium-size tomatoes in a cooker till two whistles then at room temperature peel off tomatoes skin and grind in mixer for making puree/mash)
1½ teaspoon – Ginger garlic paste
½ teaspoon – Garam masala
¼ teaspoon – Turmeric powder
1 tablespoon – Cooking oil
1 tablespoon – Butter
2 teaspoons – Red chilli powder
½ teaspoon – Salt as per your taste
2 nos. – Cloves
½ inch piece – Cinnamon
1 no. – Bay leaf
2 nos. – Cardamoms
½ teaspoon – Jeera (cumin seed)
Fresh cream (optional)
½ cup – Milk (optional)
paneer makhanwala mix (optional) Mix 25gms of paneer makhanwala into 100 ml of milk
Method for preparing Mutter Paneer with step by step photos:
2 – Heat oil in a pan, add Jeera, cardamoms, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, when it starts crackling, add 1 cup onion paste and cook it until it turns light golden brown in colour.
3 – Now add 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Mix well cook for 1 minute.
4 – Then add Garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Cook it till oil oozes out.
5 – Further add paste of paneer makhanwala and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. This is optional so you can skip it.
6 – Now, add 1 Teaspoon butter into it,
7 – Then add 1 cup tomato puree into it, and mix it well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes till oil oozes out.
11 – Garnish mutter paneer with fresh cream, and chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice, paratha, chapati, naans, etc.
1- If you have fresh matar/peas then add it before paneer, and cook it 2 or 3 minutes more. Or if you have frozen matar/peas then add it with paneer in gravy, because frozen peas all ready cooked so it does not require more cooking.
2- Boiled tomato puree gives awesome taste and thickness to the gravy.
Matar paneer (Mutter paneer) recipe
- 1 cup Paneer (250 grams) Cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup Matar/Peas (200 grams) Fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Onion paste (150 gms) 2 medium sized
- 1 cup Tomato puree/mash
- 1½ teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt as per your taste
- 2 nos. Cloves
- ½ inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 no. Bay leaf
- 2 nos. Cardamoms
- ½ teaspoon Jeera (cumin seed)
- Fresh cream (optional)
- 1 cup Water (200 ml)
- ½ cup Milk (optional)
- paneer makhanwala mix (optional) Mix 25gm of paneer makhanwala into 100 ml of milk
- Gently wash the paneer before cutting it. Cut paneer into 1" size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Jeera, cardamoms, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves. When it starts crackling, add 1 cup onion paste and cook it until it turns light golden brown.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add Garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Cook it till oil oozes out.
- Further, add paste of paneer makhanwala and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. This is optional so you can skip it.
- Now, add 1 Teaspoon butter into it
- Then add 1 cup tomato puree into it and mix it well. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes till oil oozes out.
- At the end add Matar/Peas and Paneer to this gravy.
- Mix gently, cover the pan, and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now turn off the flame. Your mutter paneer is ready to serve.
- Garnish mutter paneer with fresh cream and chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice, paratha, chapati, naans etc.
Jalebi delicious crunchy on the outside and sweet juicy inside, rustic golden spirals that make a centerpiece at every festival and celebration in India. People like it for breakfast and love it in the dessert. Some like it hot and crispy, others prefer it soft and at room temperature. It can be either served with sweet rabdi, cold sour yogurt, or salty fafda. It’s tough to not pick one when you see a pile of Jalebi gleaming in golden syrup.
As a dessert, you can easily make your favorite ‘Jalebi’ at home for a family get-together, house party, festivals, and many other occasions.
Ingredients for batter of Jalebi:
- 250 grams Refined wheat flour (maida) 2 cups
- 32 grams Rice flour/ Corn flour/ Besan 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 240 grams Yogurt/ Curd 1 cup
- Pinch of Food colour yellow or orange or turmeric powder
- 2 cups Ghee or cooking oil for frying jalebis
- 1½ teaspoon Vinegar for instant Jalebi batter (only for Instant jalebi batter)
Ingredients for Chachni (Suger syrup):
- 400 grams Sugar 2 cups
- 300 ml Water 1½ cup
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Rose water (optional)
- 8-10 strands of Saffron
Recipe for making jalebis (for instant batter follow part A, for traditional follow Part B)
Part A: Instant Jalebi batter (Preparation time 10 min.)
- Mix maida and corn flour, baking soda in a bowl. Now add 1 teaspoon ghee and add yogurt or curd into it.
- Add 1 and half teaspoon vinegar, You can put food yellow/ orange color if colour is not available then add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to this mixture.
- Beat the batter with whisk in circular motion for 5 to 6 minutes.
- The batter has to be thick but it should have flowing consistency or easy to drip, so add water carefully.
Part B : Traditional Jalebi batter (Preparation time 12 to 14 hours)
- Mix maida and rice flour/ besan, baking soda in a bowl.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon ghee and add yogurt or curd into it.
- You can put edible yellow/ orange color if colour is not available then 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to this mixture.
- Keep adding water till it becomes flowing consistency. Cover it and Keep it overnight for 12 to 14 hours for fermentation until the batter gets small bubbles on top then batter is ready.
Recipe for making sugar syrup for Jalebi:
- Heat water in a pan on medium flame to make syrup. Add the sugar and mix until it dissolves completely.
- Let the mixture remain on low flame until the sting is formed.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder and rose essence (optional) yellow or orange edible colour or add pinch of turmeric powder to it. Stir well.
Recipe for making Jalebi:
- Now heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Now fill Jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and make a small hole in it or you can also use squeezable sauce bottle or dispenser with sharp tip for better results.
- Press this cloth and make round rings. Make the perfect rings from the inside to the outside.
- Fry them till the jalebi crisps.
- Then add these jalebis in the sugar syrup for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take care not to overheat the syrup. Now put butter paper or foil paper in a tray and take them out.
- Garnish it with chopped dry fruits and serve.