Papaya Halwa and Papaya Burfi
Papaya Halwa and papaya barfi Ingredients:
1 cup – Papaya pulp 200 ml (make its pulp / smooth cream by removing the skin of ripe papaya and grind it in the mixer)
½ cup – Grated coconut 150 gms
1-3 cup – Sugar 150 gms
2 tablespoon – Semolina 50 gms
1 tablespoon – Maida (all-purpose flour) 25 gms
2 tablespoon – Cashew nuts
2 tablespoon – Raisins
3 tablespoon – Ghee 100 ml
2 tablespoon – Almonds
½ teaspoon – Cardamom powder
Course: Dessert, Sweets, Halwa, Barfi
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 – Servings halwa, and 20 – Pieces Barfi
Method for preparing Papya halwa barfi with step by step photos:
How to Make Papaya Halwa:
Your Papaya Halwa is ready to serve.
Steps for preparing papaya burfi:
9 – Prepare papaya halwa as above.
10 – Grease a flat plate with little ghee.
11 – When Halwa is a little bit cool down then spread it on plate and press with hand smoothly to make it flat.
12 – When halwa is completely cool, Cut it with a knife or sharp object into square pieces.
13 – Papaya barfi is ready to serve, Serve it with garnishing.
Papaya Halwa / Burfi Recipe
- 1 cup Papaya pulp 200 ml (make it's puree / smooth cream in mixer)
- ½ cup Grated coconut 150 gms
- ⅓ cup Sugar 150 gms
- 2 tablespoon Semolina 50 gms
- 1 tablespoon Maida (all purpose flour) 25 gms
- 3 tablespoon Ghee 100 ml
- 2 tablespoon Chopped dry fruits ( whichever you like)
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- How to Make Papaya Halwa:
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add the papaya pulpe- puree. Cook well, stirring continuously for 4-5 mins till it starts leaving the sides of the kadhai.
- Add sugar and stir well for another 3-4 mins.
- After that do the same procedure while adding the below ingredients.
- Add Semolina
- Add Grated coconut
- Add chopped dry fruits and 2 tablespoons ghee and Cook well by stirring continuously up to 4-5 minutes, till papaya halwa stop sticking to sides of kadhai.
- At the end add cardamom powder mix it well. Your Papaya Halwa is ready to serve.
- You can garnish with whole kaju (cashew nuts) and tutti frutti .
To make papaya burfi:
- Prepare papaya halwa as above.
- Grease a flat plate with little ghee.
- when Halwa is a little bit cool down then spread it on plate and press with hand smoothly to make it flat.
- When halwa is completely cool Cut it with a knife or sharp object into square pieces.
- Papaya barfi is ready to serve,Serve it with garnishing.